The economic and cultural capital of Catalonia, Barcelona is exciting, it is the prime location to find works of great artists like Picasso, Miro, Dali and Gaudí. We follow their footsteps around a true adventurous treasure hunt,which makes us visit the historical center and its monuments. From one message to the next, It is about solving puzzles and find solutions to solve the mystery, while visiting the most beautiful monuments made by Gaudí: Sagrada Familia, Park Guell…
Oh yes! We will go to Madrid, the capital of Spain.
– Discover Barcelona with one of our European Milna person who has traveled in lot of countries
– A comfortable big apartment/house in Barcelona area, where the entire group will stay (If the size of the group allows it)
– A two-day treasure hunt, as a team, to explore the main creations of Gaudí
– A day trip to Madrid
– Every group member’s safety and respecting the rule
– We follow the security instructions, especially while outdoors|
– We follow the French law protecting the youth while organizing a travel
– A Milna person is with the group during the entire Project, who’s reachable at all times
We make an effort to reduce the impact of the carbon footprint caused by this project
This is the program itinerary based on a stay in Barcelona area
The order of the activities might change but all what is written will be covered and much more if the group has energy and time.
Flight India-Barcelona and transfer to our accommodation in the heart of the Catalan capital. Unpacking and settling in our flat, followed by a walk at night on the streets to get the first vibes of the city.
Visit to the historic area, Ramblas, Plaza Real, Barrio Gothico and Chino to get better acquainted with the city, to learn to move around for rest of the visits and especially for the game of treasure hunt. Lunch at Boquería market. After lunch continue to Ribera, The Picasso Museum and the Palace of Catalan Music. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*
The Sagrada Família, Park Güell, Montjuïc, Miró foundation and then on the way back we take a walk on the beach. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*,
Museum of Catalonia, Passeig de Gràcia and Palau Güell. Then with a Spanish person, the group will prepare an authentic Spanish meal. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*
A day in Madrid. We will take a train in the morning and come back in the evening. Plaza de España, Paseo del Prado, Puerta del Sol…
Prado museum with Vélasquez, Goya and other great painters.
As we listen to our Participants suggestions and wishes, we can modify the program and shift a night or two from Barcelona to Madrid.
We shall play a game just like a treasure hunt but to discover different places based on hints and clues. The group will be given details and supervised by the Milna group leader. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*,
Half-day bicycle ride in the heart of Barcelona. This ride shall have halts that will allow you to discover the history of Barcelona and its recent transformations. Followed by shopping in the afternoon to fulfil your desires. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*,
Visit to the port area “Barceloneta” with its shops and entertainment. Then packing the luggage followed by dinner at a restaurant. (Meetings with Spanish students can be organised)*,
Last outing depending on the return-flight time. Flight Barcelona-India, arrival the next day.
* The interactions with the Spanish students, highly advised, are optional, only if the group wishes it.
Your wish to meet Spanish students has to be announced at the booking step.
It can be done, as per school availability in the mornings or the afternoons, week-ends and holidays excluded.
You need to select the appropriate options to see the rate displaying
→ “Age“: Select the age you will have during the project. Let’s say that you are now 15 and before or during the project, you will be 16, then please select 16
→ “From“: Select the airport from where you want to start your project. If your desired airport is not displayed, please contact us
→ “Payment terms“: It needs to be coherent with the selected month in “When“. Let’s say that we are the 25th January and you’ve mentioned your wish to go in April. In such case, your departure is in more than 60 days but less than 90 days. You need to select the 60 days payment terms if you plan to make the payment at least 60 days before the departure
– Contact us, if you need clarifications
When can I go?
– A Discovery Experience to Spain is possible throughout the year
– The optional visits to a Spanish School and eventual nights at a Spanish Family might be possible when there is no school holidays
– In case of School Holidays, if opted for the involvement in the school, it will be replaced with involvement spent with local educational organisations having teenagers of similar age. Contact us if you are planning to go during a period where the Spanish schools are closed
– Here is the calendar displaying the dates when the Spanish schools are closed
For how long?
– 8 nights in a big apartment/house, else in a hotel (Depends the size of the group and availability)
– Optional: 1, 2 or 3 additional nights stay with a Spanish Family. Subject to feasibility and availability
– Want a different duration? Contact us
– The accommodation
– The meals (Breakfast, lunch and diner)
– All the transportation from the selected airport of departure
– The visits and activities as per the program
– The management of the group by at least one Milna person during the entire project
– Preparation meetings before the departure (Online or on site as per your location)
– Assistance for the eventual Visa application
– One adult from your group for every 10 participants (It can be a teacher, parent… willing to be a positive contribution to the project)
– Certificate for each participant
The rate does not include:
– Personal expenditure
– Eventual Visa fee to the country/ies of the project
– Transfer to/from the starting concerned airport
– What is not mentioned in “Rate including”
– Spanish Sim card
– Extra days in Barcelona/Madrid
– Excursion in a neighboring country
– Stopover in another country (As per the airline stopover)
– Departure from another airport, upon request
About the “150 and 120 days payment terms”:
For the 150 and 120 days payment terms, we will do our maximum to respect your preferred date of departure, however, the dates of the project must be flexible /- 7 days.
– Possible from the displayed city/ies above, in the “From” dropdown. For other airport, please contact us.
– Dates are changeable /- 72 hours.
Valid passport Eventual Visa (As per your citizenship).
– Our team has a pharmacy adapted to the destination.
– Anywhere you go in Europe, no vaccination is mandatory. (With Covid situation, vaccine might be compulsory to ease the travel)
– A member of Milna is present with the traveling group during the entire length of the stay. He/ She will ensure the security and safety of the group.
– In case of an emergency, the traveler will be taken into care by the nearest hospital. If needed, he will be repatriated in the best conditions.
– The parents of the participant will have the full details of the French school and hotel before the departure (address, phone, email…)
– Milna will share the contact of the Milna person who is going to be with the participant
– Milna will update the parents by daily messages/photos/videos on a specially created Whatsapp group.
– Milna will provide the participant and his parents with a 24h number to reach someone from Milna at any time.
Where I will stay? (5A)
All the participants will stay together in a private flat/house or a hotel in Barcelona area, depending on the group’s size and time of the year.
How the payment deadlines work? (10A)
The principle is simple: The earliest you book your project and pay, more you will save. By paying us in advance, we can prepare the project in advance. We get better prices so we make you benefit from this saving, hence the different deadlines.
Let’s say you select the 90 days’ deadline, it means, that 100% of the payment needs to reach us no later than 90 days before the departure. If you have already paid 25%, the remaining payment will be 75% to send us no later than 90 days before the departure. If your payment is not reaching us before the 90 days’ deadline, then the 60 days’ deadline will apply. (Check our rates to know the exact amount). If today is the 91st day before the departure and you want the 90 days’ deadline, you have to send us 100% of the amount to respect the deadline and avail the 90 days special offer, but no later than that.
What will I eat? (11A)
Who will take care of me? (12A)
In most cases the Accompanying adult (usually a teacher) from your school shall accompany you to France. During the entire project, a Milna person, who knows France and its culture very well, stays with the group. You can contact the Accompanying adult and the Milna person for any assistance at any time.
How do I get my visa? (23A)
If you need a visa, Milna will facilitate your visa formalities. Our team will provide you the special list of required documents for the visa and the steps to follow. We also remain available to have a look at your documents and reply to your questions, doubts or special cases.
What about Travel and Health insurance? (24A)
A travel and health insurance is included in the given rate. It is protecting you as per the insurance coverage. The insurance is in compliance with the Embassy criteria. Milna will provide you a copy of your insurance policy before applying for your visa.
During the project, how, we parents, can stay in touch with the participant? (28A)
Before the start of the project, Milna will invite the participant and his relatives to join a special Whatsapp group, in which, we send daily update with photos, videos… to keep everyone updated. Each participant is advised to have a local sim card to be reachable at anytime. The Accompanying adult(s) and the Milna person(s) will be reachable and will facilitate the communication in case a participant is “too busy” to give news to his parents…
How much pocket money should the participant carry? (33A)
For sake of the participant private expenditure (shopping etc.), you can give some pocket money, it all depends on what the participant would like to buy from France. In general, we believe that 15 Euros per day is largely enough to fulfill the normal shopping desires.
How, we parents, can have updates about our daughter or son? (35A)
1- A Whatsapp group will be created and the participant and his family are invited to join it to get updates. The Milna person sends a lot of pictures, videos and information about the group.
2- Milna maintains a project’ blog in which we mention among other information, the itinerary and the calendar of the participants. So the family of the participant can know what he/she going.
3- Each participant is requested to have a local sim card to be easily reachable. The parents can get update directly.
4- The Milna person and the Accompanying adult will also be reachable in case the participant is “too busy” to update his family.
Where will the Accompanying adult stay? (41A)
The Accompanying adult(s) of the group will be staying in the same hotel, flat or house, in a room separated from the Participants.